Posted on January 6, 2014
All shredders are categorised based on their security level, which is determined by the dimensions of how fine they can shed the document.
There are 7 levels for secure shredding based on the DIN 66399 system, which are the following:
- Level 1 – For general internal documents
- Level 2 - For internal documents such as notes, invoices, printouts, photo-copies
- Level 3 - For confidential documents, such as company internal documents and personal data
- Level 4 - For highly sensitive documents and personal data subject to protection requirements,
- Level 5 - For secret documents, such as documents and files relevant to the safeguarding of personal livelihood,
- Level 6 - Espionage-safe, for extremely high demands of security such as military or government departments and
- Level 7 – For the most sensitive documents (ultra secure shredding).
JMTM International Couriers use level 5 high security shredding, which will shred to a maximum Cross Cut particle a size of 20sq. mm: i.e. 1mm wide x 20mm long = 20sq.mm
More information on JTMT’s secure shredding service
Author Jonathan Twigge-Molecey
Back to our blog